Research Associate / Research Fellow – Conservation and Restoration
Job no: 506249
Work type: Full time, for immediate start
Location: Perth CBD
About the opportunity
Under broad directions from the Program Director, Conservation and Restoration and reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, WABSI, you will provide support, collaborate, facilitate and contribute to the development and delivery of projects.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant postgraduate qualification in environmental and resources or related fields and/or with subsequent combination of relevant work experience
- Ability to contribute intellectually to research collaborations, publications, project designs and grant writing
- Relevant experience in research management and administration
- Excellent organisational skills with the demonstrated ability to set priorities and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, show initiative, problem solve and work productively as part of a team
- Experience working in an academic or university environment (desirable)
- Experience in working in relevant fields such as restoration ecology, environmental economics/accounting, carbon markets, ex situ/in situ conservation and/or, cumulative assessments (desirable)
- Previous collaborative research experience (desirable)
For full details of the position responsibilities and the selection criteria click here.
In preparing your application you are asked to submit curriculum vitae and a document clearly addressing the selection criteria to demonstrate that you meet the criteria.
Closing date: Tuesday, 23 February 2021
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.