WABSI PhD top-up scholarship 2018
We are seeking a PhD student who can make a positive contribution to the increased understanding of Western Australia’s biodiversity, in line with our purpose and principles.
Eligible research activities need to demonstrate a positive contribution to the improvement, modification, adaptation or increased understanding of Western Australia’s biodiversity.
Specific research areas or interests that are encouraged include, but are not limited to:
- Restoration and ex situ Conservation
- Biodiversity Survey
- Threats and process
The maximum duration of the scholarship is 3.5 years, subject to satisfactory university approved progress and performance.
Applications open 1 September 2017
Applications close 31 October 2017
To apply, you must:
- be a current holder of, or be approved for, an existing base scholarship such as a Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend scholarship (previously referred to as an APA scholarship) or an industry‐based fund of similar merit.
- have been granted enrolment acceptance in an appropriate full‐time Higher Research Degree (HRD) program at a recognised Australian university to commence study in 2018.
- be enrolled in, or intending to enrol in a PhD.
- conduct research within the list of The Western Australian Biodiversity Science Institute related research disciplines and interests.
- be enrolled at a Western Australian University and be based in Western Australia for the duration of their enrolment.